Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All my bags are packed; I'm ready to go



Tomorrow morning I leave my house at 5:am to go to the Seatac airport. My flight leaves at 8:30am and from there I'm off to staging. By mid-day Sunday I will be in Malawi starting off on the adventure of a lifetime. To say that I'm excited/nervous doesn't quite cover it. I am feeling every emotion you might imagine wrapped up in an awe of disbelief. We'll see what this adventure holds but I can only imagine how wonderful of an experience it will be.

To all of my friends and family, I would not be doing this if not for your constant support. You all mean more to me than I could ever explain.

Next time you hear from me I will have completed eight weeks of intensive language and job training.

For once, I'm at a loss for what to say out of shear anticipated exhaustion. Please write me letters and keep me updated on what is happening in your life. If you are feeling generous, send me candy (gummy things and chocolate, the darker the better). Also, send me pictures of you or us. I want to know how you are because I miss you already.

Amy Cross PCT
Peace Corps
P.O. Box 208
Lilongwe, Malawi
Africa

3 comments:

  1. I miss you already and you have not even left yet. Love you and good luck on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :(

    One of the first things I said when I woke up this morning was "Amy's flying away right now."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're in Philadelphia right now...good luck!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete