Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Post for Packing

I'm losing energy on the packing front. Last week, packing was the most calculated/planned escapade I had ever embarked on; that being said, it has turned into this...
In other news, here is am mostly complete and deeply unorganized list of everything I am bringing:

  • Glasses (2)
  • Ukulele strings (2)
  • Floss (5)
  • Toothbrush (5)
  • Chapstick (2)
  • Hair-cutting scissors
  • Comb
  • Wind-up clock
  • capo
  • Swiss armyknife
  • headbands (2)
  • Calendar
  • Inhaler
  • Harmonica
  • ork gloves
  • books
  • 3 Musketeers
  • Hitchhikers Guide to the Galexy
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Bible
  • Peter Pan
  • Postcards for gifts (4)
  • Stationary (some)
  • Titanium spork
  • Netbook
  • External harddrive
  • headlamp
  • sleeping bag
  • gortex poncho
  • Inflatable Pillow
  • solar charger
  • ipod
  • knitting needles (2)
  • HIking boots
  • chacos
  • dressyshoes
  • sneakers
  • ukulele tuner
  • tape measure
  • cards (2)
  • solar charger accessories
  • mug
  • tent
  • sheets (full)
  • sewing kit
  • jewelry (cheap)
  • hair pins
  • kite
  • toothpaste
  • fishing line (to teach kids how to make kites)
  • deoderant
  • Colored pencils (presents)
  • spices (Rosmar, Basil, Cumin, cayan pepper)
  • Creole seasoning
  • nutella
  • chicken bullion
  • underwear (23)
  • seeds (11)
  • mouthwash
  • Shampoo/Conditioner (8 week supply of a 2 in1)
  • plyers
  • multi-head screwdriver
  • duct tape
  • ukulele
  • inflatable globe
  • Jeans (1 maybe 2 depending on space/weight)
  • dress pants
  • Tank tops (5)
  • T-shirts(7)
  • Blouses (3)
  • Long sleep T (1)
  • Bat6hingsuit
  • shorts (for sleeping-2)
  • capris spandex
  • long underwear
  • socks (2)
  • skirts (2)
  • hanky(5)
  • bras (8)
  • french press
  • 8" cast-iron skillet
  • metal spatula
  • knife
  • convertable pants
  • towels (2 thirsty ones)
  • thermometer
  • bunjee cords (3)
  • razor/refills
  • sweatshirt
  • flannel
  • slinky
and there you have it! Things I will add: short wave radio and bananagrams. I think I'm pretty much set.

7 comments:

  1. wow....that about sums it up! Good luck with more packing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have forgoten some key personal items!!! You can email me if you are not sure as to what they are ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,I realized after I wrote this that there were a few very important things not included on my list but DEFINITELY included in my packing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I posted previously, but maybe not.... my daughter is a PCV in Malawi, having headed out last Sept. She posted some packing info on her last blog entry "Buckets are the new sinks" on her blog malawimeg.blogspot.com. It might be helpful or just confirm what you already know. Good luck!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually read that a couple weeks ago, it was endlessly helpful. I think I'm going to take a look at it again, though, now that I'm almost finished packing. Thanks for the heads up, Margaret! I am so excited to start this adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy-- don't forget the BodyGlide. And if I were you I'd bring another pair or two of socks- moisture wicking wool hiking socks. White cotton socks will quickly become brown from walking in the dust and dirt.

    Oh- and are you bringing a bandana? Endlessly useful as a cleaning tool, accessory, and neck sunburn protector.

    I am sooooooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BodyGlide! I spent most of the weekend trying to remember that. I will get it tomorrow. Thanks for the type! Bandannas? Check. Off-white, moisture-wicking, wool socks? Check.

    Katy, you have been endlessly helpful!! I really hope you find a way over!

    ReplyDelete