Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Good Feeling" -Violent Femmes

Before I begin to ramble on again talking about myself and my preparations, here is a quick note to those of you who know me: My folks are throwing a going away party for me (they're a little excited to send me away) at my house. It's an open house this Saturday from noon-4, come hang out! There's no need to bring anything but an empty stomach (we all know how much my Mom loves to feed people). Hope to see you there!

Things I'm nervous/scared for:


Since I got my invitation in October, I've been looking through a lot of blogs and facebook photo albums of current PCV's in Malawi to get a better idea of what daily life will be like for me after I arrive. This has done nothing but excite me, except for one part...I can't even count how many 'toilets' or 'chimbudzis' I've seen which is something in and of itself; however, the part that scares me the most is the fact that will all of these pictures, from oh so many people, I have yet to see a single roll of toilet paper. Call me an American, but yuck! I refuse to accept the reality of what this means. I keep telling people, "maybe they're hiding them?" That's what I'm hoping. Hmm, we'll see!

I'm scared that I'm bringing the wrong stuff. I've been making some serious packing progress (that's new) so when I get everything together I'll put a list of everything I'm bringing (for those of you who are interested in that sort of thing).

More than anything, I'm scared that I'm going to get sick of the music I'm bringing with me...you would be too!

So, in the mean time, I've been spending as much time doing things I won't be able to do once I'm gone: hanging out with my family/friends, watching movies, talking to basically everyone I know on skype/cell phone, and packing (its kind of hard to pack when you're already gone to the place you were packing for).

Soon I'm going to post my little bloggy blog on the giant list of all peace corps volunteers' blogs (exciting). This.is.real.

No comments:

Post a Comment