Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pictures!


The view of the mountains from where we were watching the Sound of Music at the top of Chalet Hill.


I lightened the picture a bit so you could see that there really were people watching the Sound of music and so you could compare how big the screen is with how small the people are. There were a lot more people watching than this...behind me and next to me in front of all of the chalets on the hills there was pretty much the entire village sitting. It was fantastic!!! I've never seen the South of Music on a big screen before!

Baby in a bucket!....this isn't cute at all.


This is what we sang to welcome and bless the new espresso machine that isn't working yet for some mysterious reason that no one seems to know.

I'll get pictures of the llamas as soon as I snag them from a friend of mines camera. I chose to stake out my place in line for walking the llamas to the ranger station rather than run and get my camera. I think I made the right decision.

I just got done with dish team and my hands are dry and warm...it is supposed to be hot today.

Right now the village is a-buzz with plans for the 4th of July. We all had an excellent Canada day yesterday, I can't imagine what's in store for the 4th but I hear that it will be epic. As far as my planning goes, the Snack Bar will be open normal hours so I don't need to do anything special except for get together an all star group of scoopers for Saturday because it will be busy. I hear it's supposed to be in the upper 90's (thanks for the forecast Mom).

Right now I'm waiting around for my ice cream shipment to come. I only have 2 one half gallons of ice cream left. Last night I only gave out kiddy-sized cones because of the lack of ice cream and crazy lot of people coming in. I have a massive order in today and then I'm going to order more so it comes on Monday. Note to self- get a shipment every Monday and Thursday and order every Monday and Thursday....sheesh. We go through 60 3-gallon tubs a week...that blows my mind. What can you do?

Right now there is a drumming circle happening on the arc (Allison would be jealous). There are a bunch of Djembe's in a circle around the tree on the arc drumming away. Maybe I should go and document this with my camera. Hmm. You all can relax and know that I have started to carry around a bag with me so I will have my camera on me more often...all the better to catch the Villagers in their normal Holdentastic Hilarity on a more regular basis. Oo..coffee break bell, got to go!

I miss you all! E-mail me.

Amy

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen The Sound of Music on big screen either. Looks like fun-ice cream at Holden is the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to comment on the cute kid in the bucket-very "Holden-esque."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that right there is how children get sticky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana is totally right!


    ..but that's DEFINITELY NOT the cutest thing I've seen all week. DEFINITELY NOT ridiculously cute. AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete