Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fiesta!!

So I brought my camera and my camera cord and fully intended to upload pictures from Abriendo Caminos but I forgot to install the software onto my computer that has the program for me to see the pictures.

Yesterday morning I got up for breakfast because my friend Dillon was doing Matins. He did a great job. After breakfast we all sort of sat around and talked about how early we got up and how much day we had in front of us. Time passed somehow and I went to work. The afternoon was slow. After dinner a bunch of kids broke open pinatas. A group of 8 of us just sat in a line on the ground inbetween the arc and the giant picnic table watching. After the pinatas were done we still sat there but the line grew and morphed into a circle. We hung out there until it was time for vespers. We had an unexpected sharing of the peace, which was exciting because we all look forward to eucharist all day long because of how wonderful the sharing of the peace is at Holden, everyone hugs everyone, so you can imagine how long it lasts with 450 people in the village. Good peacing. Snack bar was busy because there was a fiesta going on in the village center for the end of Abriendo Caminos. People came in every few seconds to get ice water...they got annoyed when we ran out of ice and I told them my ice maker doesn't work and I carry buckets of ice down every day. I closed 2 minutes early and was at the fiesta at 10:02. :). Hot tub. Then a bunch of us sat on the hamoch roap thing that is tied to the corner of the lodge 6 upper porch. Warm at last. I fell asleep there. Went to bed.

I woke up this morning because we had cinimon rolls today for breakfast. :) Soo good. Now I was just checking my e-mail to find out about my roommates from college because today is moving day for them (they're both moving to the other side of the country, Virginia and Georgia. I wanted to see what kind of hang ups are happening....hang-ups galore. Good luck to them.

That's all for now, I'll work harder at putting up pictures.

Tons of people leave today....5 buses came in on Sunday and 5 buses leave today. Sheesh. I will document the buses, if I can get out of dish team a little early.

That's all for now.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. I don't really have a comment but thanks for updating! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete